Organization Made Simple, Inc was recently hired by Pepsico, Inc. to conduct online workshops on office organizing with their employees from all over the country. Here is a small clip from our presentation, focusing on 9 steps to creating an organized office.
New Year, New You: Organizing for Your New Year Goals
A guest blog entry by Jane Blanchard
A new year brings a new resolve to keep your home neat and organized. Even though it’s already February, that doesn’t mean it’s too late to make a resolution for a more organized home. Start your year off right by organizing the areas you see first when you come home.
The holidays are over and its time to get back to the daily grind. Start 2015 off organized with these 15-minute simple organization techniques that will save you time:
- Spend 15 minutes a day organizing something that drives you crazy
- Create a mail station – set up mailboxes on a desk, wall or bulletin board. Or, if you have space, make a separate bin for each member of your family.
- Stay on a schedule – get a calendar to write important events and deadlines on. Choose a different color to write in for each member of your family.
- Get Rid of Junk – spend 15 minutes a day removing junk from your house – your mind and house will instantly start to feel more organized.
- Spend 15 minutes grouping office supplies, household supplies, tools, etc. together and label them. This will make finding something SO much easier.
Start the rest of the year off right by adding 15 minutes of organizing to your life each day. Pick just one of the tasks from above and go from there. You can split it into three 5-minute sessions or go for all 15 minutes at once. Just do it!
The holidays are just around the corner and its time to start thinking about your family gatherings around the dining table. Get set for success by organizing your dining table, linens, dishes and glassware ahead of time.
Fall is here and Halloween is right around the corner! This year, set yourself up for Halloween storage success right from the start.
Decorating: Go ahead and get all your decorations out from previous years. Make three piles: everything you plan on using to decorate this year, halloween costumes that are still in circulation, and in the third pile put everything that you do not plan on using for decoration and old halloween costumes. Put everything in the third pile in a bag and donate it.
Its already October and starting to get chilly out! These tips on organizing your media room will get you ready for some cozy nights in front of the TV for the upcoming winter.
Control the Cords: Label both ends of every cord behind your media center with a tag or sticker. Bundle up excess cord length with a rubber band or hook-and-loop ties. I like to use a CableBox to hide cords in so they are out of sight completely.