Spring cleaning is the time to donate your unused or unwanted household items. Just because an item is no longer useful to you, doesn’t mean it isn’t useful to someone else. Here are a few steps to donating items you no longer wish to keep.
1) Be ruthless when it comes to decluttering. If you don’t love it or use it, donate it.
2) Determine whether or not the items you wish to donate are useful. If they are useful, you should put them in a donate pile, if not, they are trash.
3) Consider the best charity to donate your items to. Consider something local, or consider selling your items and donating the proceeds to a charity of your choice. There are many options available and it is easy to locate donation centers online.
4) If you want to take a tax deduction for your items, make sure you write down each item you donate along with its value. Make sure you get a validated receipt from the charity you choose to donate to and keep it with your tax records.
5) Don’t wait! Now is the time to get rid of everything and feel good about helping other people in the process. Set aside time to complete your spring cleaning and get your donation items out of the house.