Color can help you organize anything; the possibilities are endless! Utilizing color can have amazing results without significant effort. Simple – just the way we like it. Even your kids can begin to learn organizational skills through using color. You and your family will be pro organizers in no time.
With warm weather and tax season fast approaching its time to organize your basement. Organizing out of the way areas such as basement storage rooms help prepare for organization in other areas of the home. With tax season fast approaching, having an organized storage area will allow you to create useful and easily accessible storage solutions for your files that you don’t need to store in your office. Additionally, it will allow you to review what you do have and get rid of any unnecessary clutter.
The holidays are over and its time to get back to the daily grind. Start 2015 off organized with these 15-minute simple organization techniques that will save you time:
- Spend 15 minutes a day organizing something that drives you crazy
- Create a mail station – set up mailboxes on a desk, wall or bulletin board. Or, if you have space, make a separate bin for each member of your family.
- Stay on a schedule – get a calendar to write important events and deadlines on. Choose a different color to write in for each member of your family.
- Get Rid of Junk – spend 15 minutes a day removing junk from your house – your mind and house will instantly start to feel more organized.
- Spend 15 minutes grouping office supplies, household supplies, tools, etc. together and label them. This will make finding something SO much easier.
Start the rest of the year off right by adding 15 minutes of organizing to your life each day. Pick just one of the tasks from above and go from there. You can split it into three 5-minute sessions or go for all 15 minutes at once. Just do it!
The Holidays are fast approaching and Holiday shopping season has begun.
Shopping for holiday presents can become overwhelming – there are often too many people to purchase gifts for, too many different types of presents to keep track of, not enough places to store the presents and always the question of: did I wrap it yet? Did I give it yet? Did I put the correct name on the correct gift?
The holidays are just around the corner and its time to start thinking about your family gatherings around the dining table. Get set for success by organizing your dining table, linens, dishes and glassware ahead of time.
Fall is here and Halloween is right around the corner! This year, set yourself up for Halloween storage success right from the start.
Decorating: Go ahead and get all your decorations out from previous years. Make three piles: everything you plan on using to decorate this year, halloween costumes that are still in circulation, and in the third pile put everything that you do not plan on using for decoration and old halloween costumes. Put everything in the third pile in a bag and donate it.