Color can help you organize anything; the possibilities are endless! Utilizing color can have amazing results without significant effort. Simple – just the way we like it. Even your kids can begin to learn organizational skills through using color. You and your family will be pro organizers in no time.
The pools are closed and the backyard grills have been turned off. The smell of pumpkin spice is in the air and your home suddenly has leaves whisking in through the front door. It’s time for your home to begin its transition into autumn. Not sure where to start? Don’t stress, Organization Made Simple, Inc. is here to provide helpful ideas to begin your journey into Fall.
New Year, New You: Organizing for Your New Year Goals
A guest blog entry by Jane Blanchard
A new year brings a new resolve to keep your home neat and organized. Even though it’s already February, that doesn’t mean it’s too late to make a resolution for a more organized home. Start your year off right by organizing the areas you see first when you come home.
The holidays are over and its time to get back to the daily grind. Start 2015 off organized with these 15-minute simple organization techniques that will save you time:
- Spend 15 minutes a day organizing something that drives you crazy
- Create a mail station – set up mailboxes on a desk, wall or bulletin board. Or, if you have space, make a separate bin for each member of your family.
- Stay on a schedule – get a calendar to write important events and deadlines on. Choose a different color to write in for each member of your family.
- Get Rid of Junk – spend 15 minutes a day removing junk from your house – your mind and house will instantly start to feel more organized.
- Spend 15 minutes grouping office supplies, household supplies, tools, etc. together and label them. This will make finding something SO much easier.
Start the rest of the year off right by adding 15 minutes of organizing to your life each day. Pick just one of the tasks from above and go from there. You can split it into three 5-minute sessions or go for all 15 minutes at once. Just do it!
Its already October and starting to get chilly out! These tips on organizing your media room will get you ready for some cozy nights in front of the TV for the upcoming winter.
Control the Cords: Label both ends of every cord behind your media center with a tag or sticker. Bundle up excess cord length with a rubber band or hook-and-loop ties. I like to use a CableBox to hide cords in so they are out of sight completely.
IT’S BACK TO SCHOOL TIME! It’s a perfect time to get your childrens’ rooms in tip top shape. Use some of these tips for easy projects that make a big difference.
Hooks for all Heights: Mount two strips of hooks or pegs to the back of a child’s door – one about 3 feet from the floor and the other about 5 or 6 feet from the floor. Two levels of hooks will allow the kids to grow and provide more spots for shorter items such as jackets, towels and bags.